Learning 4 — Is Niche blogging the way to grow as a blogger
Last week’s super blogger session with Devansh introduced you to niche blogging to we decided to talk about it in detail in this week’s learning. So, here we go —
You can divide all blogs into two categories: lifestyle blogs and niche blogs.
These categories represent two conscious decisions that bloggers can make: I’m going to write about everything, or I’m going to write about one thing.
Bloggers have 2 choices: Write about everything, or write about one thing. #NicheBlogging
What do you mean by a niche blog?
Niche blogs are when you write about one thing, and one thing only. They are a blog with a one-track mind, having one purpose, one goal.
Niche blogging is where real traction and traffic happen for a blog.
Why you should start a niche blog?
Niche Blogs saves our time. We know which profile we need to check while reading on some certain topics. Like if we want to know more about boho style we usually read Kritika Khurana blogs, because we know she is into boho looks. Likewise if we want to know about silver jewellery, Komal Pandey is here to help us.
Niche blog fits into a particular category and we find content on the topic we’re looking for.
- Niche Blogs Keep You On Track
- Niche Blogs Give You A Reliable Audience
- Niche Blogs Make It Easier To Monetize Your Blog
- Niche Blogs Expand Your Own Knowledge
- Niche Blogs Help You Stand Out From The Crowd
Tip: Even if you’re writing about every kind of fashion style. Make sure to have an answer, because when you attend sessions of big bloggers- they ask for your specialisation. And you really can’t say fashion as your specialisation, try to brief which fashion style represents you- weather street style, fusion wear or maybe just how you can make a high class fashion from street shopping. It will surely add a plus point to your intro.
For example, Devansh from The Dapper Street got his first collaboration with less than 2000 followers, because he had a niche- bow ties.
How To Start A Niche Blog
Starting a niche blog is not that difficult. It is all about how you do your research and planning for finalizing your blog’s niche.
What all points you should consider when you are about to chose your blog’s niche?
- Know your passion. Identify what things in fashion you have an inclination for.
- Go deep in that domain. Read existing blogs and educate yourself.
- Find your keyword niche. Start using those in hashtags so that brands related to that domain can discover you.
- Align your current blog to that niche. Make sure that at least one in three post is about that niche — be it headgear, accessories or a particular kind of style.
- Research the demand of that particular niche. Are people asking questions about it on social media? Is that niche trending or growing? Do people want to learn more about it?
This will help you narrow down on a niche that is best for you.
It’s not too late to rehab your blog and bring it back to a highly trafficked niche. 🙂
Not sure if you can be/want to be a niche blogger?
If you must have the freedom to write about other things outside of your niche, then do not worry. Being a niche doesn’t mean you can’t write/post about other things you love. It just means that there is something special about your blog that a certain section of fashion enthusiasts can connect to.
It’s just a way to define your special edge in the increasingly crowding space of fashion bloggers.
That’s it for now folks. Let’s discuss ideas for niche blogging in the community this week.
Let’s know if you enjoyed reading this blog post. This blog was compiled by your community curators Purnima Madan and Stuti Gupta. So, you can let them know if you loved it. ❤️️
Stay tuned for next week’s learnings.
Lots of love,
Marsplay Team 💌
This blog was written exclusively for Marsplay Community members.